Monday 5 August 2013

A better flower option

After the shock of florists' pricings of bridal bouquets I thought I'd look into other places to get flowers from.

One of the first places I looked at was Marks & Spencer, which does some lovely bouquets that can be delivered. The range is lovely and the prices aren't too bad. Some of my favourites were:

Fairtrade Rose & Alstroemeria Bouquet, Serene Bouquet, Classic White Roses Bouquet and Autograph Avalanche Roses, all £35

Setting The Scene Bouquet in white, £45, Centre Stage Bouquet, £50,  Setting The Scene Arrangement in white, £35

All of the above are available from Marks & Spencer's website.

Of course, the large bouquets would be too big for me to carry, but they could be split down into smaller bouquets for me and my bridgesmaids and tied up with ribbon to match the colour scheme. When you compare one bouquet for £75 to four for £35, it's obvious which the better option is!

After I'd done my reasearch, and feeling a lot more positive about flowers, I popped to the supermarket for some bits and pieces, and what should I see when I walked through the door but some beautiful bouquets.

Various bouquets from Sainsbury's, ranging from £3 to £12.50


I've mentioned before that I don't mind what flowers I have, so now I'm thinking that perhaps going to the supermarket the day before and getting some really nice flowers from there would be the best option. Sister-in-law has done bits of flower arranging before and has offered to help create bouquets if I'd like her to, and this does seem like a much better option than paying extortionate amounts for something that will only last a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment